Monday, February 2, 2009

A New Battery

My car has been acting a bit sluggish for a little while and yesterday I was wondering if it would really start as we were trying to leave for church. It did, but I wondered if it would start again after church. This morning it was the same thing. So, I called Gary and he gave me some suggestions.

I ended up at Les Schwab to get my battery checked and, sure enough, it was bad. I've never had to replace a battery before and I didn't realize that there were different choices and this thing called cold cranking amps and sizes and warranties and.....Thank goodness Brandon Nate works there. He was in our ward before they split the last time and is the nicest guy. I told him Gary was gone and asked if he could help me figure it all out. It's nice to have someone you trust take care of those things when your husband can't be there. So, $115 later, my car is once again in tip-top shape and we can hit the road whenever we want to. If it isn't one thing, it's another but it sure does keep life interesting!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ahhhhh we just went throught the same thing. Except i got stuck in Provo with it not starting and had to wait for the Hospitial security to come and jump me. But yes we are $115 happier as well knowing it's going to start when i turn the key. How is Kyssa? He is always on my mind.

Burrups said...

Glad you got it taken care of. What a pain huh! Brandon is great at what he does though. He just fixed up some tires for us too.