Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sick Day

This picture says it all. Pajamas after 9:00 a.m. on a school day. A bottle of Sprite in every one's hand. The mostly pale faces. The stomach flu has once again struck our house. Second time in two weeks. YUCK!

It started two days ago with Ethan complaining his stomach hurt at bedtime. With his milk allergy, he complains a lot that his stomach hurt. Being three, he also seems to have "attacks" just as it's time to turn off the lights and say goodnight. I didn't think much of it until he found me downstairs with his brothers to tell me he was throwing up. Sure enough. Yesterday morning he seemed fine again and was excited to go to preschool so I sent him. The stomach problems started up again at dinner.

Tom was happy and healthy until about 4:00 yesterday afternoon when he started complaining that his stomach hurt. I asked him if he was too sick to go to basketball practice and he assured me that he wasn't. Feeling a bit queasy myself, I decided to pick up dinner at Chili's instead of making something. When I got home, everyone seemed to be just laying around. Dylan and Logan were the only ones who actually ate their dinner and Tom started throwing up shortly after I brought it home. Needless to say, I lost my appetite.

One new carpet cleaner later, the floors are about clean and everyone seems to be holding things down for the moment. Dylan has stopped eating much though and is being very clingy which isn't a great sign. Logan - the rock of health so far in our family - woke up this morning to tell me his stomach hurt too. I'm not sure if it really does or if he just didn't want to go to school if Tom got to stay home. Tom, on the other hand, is DEVASTATED that his perfect attendance is ruined. He wanted to go, sick or not, just to keep it.

Wish us luck that we make it through the day and hopefully everyone can go to school tomorrow. From the picture, it looks like they are still healthy enough to be mischievous at least.

4 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! This flu bug is horrible! Some of my family members got it twice too! Ugh! Good luck!

West Family said...

Your boys look so much older! I love to read your blog. I am sorry your family has been so sick - it is so miserable! i hope you all feel better soon. you are amazing in how you deal with life and i appreciate you!

Angie said...

I think the stomach flu is the worst thing ever!! It seems to hit everyone in the family. I don't know what's better...one at a time getting it or all of them getting it at the same time....either way...it's a miserable 3 or 4 days. hang in there!

bestofthebishops said...

That is the pits!! Wishing you all a speedy recovery.