Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Glue

So the other day, "crafty mom" came out and I decided that my almost six-year-old could sit at the table with foam craft shapes, glue sticks, and a tin box that dishwasher tablets came in, and be artistic. A little creative time is great for kids, right? Well, I proceeded to use the quiet time while he was busy and the little two were napping to check email. About 30 minutes later he left for a friends house and about and hour after that I was cleaning up foam shapes when I noticed blue glue stick all over the floor. Not a little bit here and there but actually about four major spots where it was obvious that he intentionally put glue stick on the floor. What was he thinking? Well, when I retrieved him from his friends and had him cleaning the floor I asked him that very question. His response?

"I wanted my chair to quit moving around so I tried to glue it to the floor."

Perfectly logical to a six-year-old! Trying not to laugh, I suggested that next time he sit still on the chair and then it wouldn't move around so much. The thought had never occurred to him that he was why the chair was moving in the first place. Kids.

No comments: