Wednesday, October 3, 2007

the day before vacations

So today is the day. The dreaded day before a vacation. Today is the day that the house needs to be cleaned (a feat in an of itself lately with four boys) and the boys need to be packed for a variety of weather and possible activities. My lists have been started and hopefully I won't forget most of the stuff like the last trip. It may be sunny or snow or rain or just be so cold we don't want to leave the comfort of the cabin. And then there is sleeping in a strange place so I better have the "snuggies" and the stuffed animals and books to make it feel like home. Then there is the baby that is fussy unless he has his swing and I just got him a new chair so he can sit up after eating. The two-year-old is potty training so I'm not sure if I should pack underwear or pull-ups and revert back to no potty training for the vacation period. Then the there is the medicines that you have to have just in case and the special lactose free food for Ethan and games in case we do end up inside for four days and snacks and movies and............Vacations sure are fun and I am really excited to be there but it is just the getting there with a family of six that is EXHAUSTING! Oh, and by the way, we need to fit this all in 2/3 of the back of a Honda Pilot. Can space bags compress a baby swing?

No comments: