Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Being a mom isn't always bon bons and manicures

So today I am in full housewife/mom mode today. Laundry in the washer and dryer, two bathrooms cleaned, first of two batches of dishes done, pantry cleaned out, storage room cleaned out, and it's only one thirty. I have to admit though that my two year old has watched more tv than usual this morning and he is in his bed for a nap with his pajama shirt still on but hey, mom's can only do so much right? There aren't enough hours in the day any more it seems like. we have Wal-mart to go to and homework to do and piano to practice and dinner to make and showers and scriptures and prayers and so much left on our to do list that we won't even be able to get it done tomorrow but some days things run more smoothly than others and the list gets mostly acomplished. Today is one of those days for me I hope. I am still behind though because in my rush to get the laundry changed to stay on track, I forgot to put in the dirty clothes in the washer for one load so when the dryer was done, i opened the washer lid to find an empty but clean washer. I had put the soap and fabric softener in but somehow forgot to add the dirty clothes. HONESTLY! How could I forget the clothes?!? Being a mom isn't glamourous but it sure is rewarding at times.

No comments: