Thursday, October 18, 2007

Where I've been for two weeks

Actually, I've just been home ever since our FABULOUS trip to the beautiful Tamarack Resort near McCall, Idaho. Life, however, has seemed to take over and I haven't had time to update my blog. Gary's folks came to visit for a weekend. It was fun having them here to watch the boys play soccer. They haven't been to Idaho in over two years so it was exciting for the boys to see their grandparents on their "turf" instead of traveling to Utah.

After all the traveling and visitors, I decided it was time to potty train full time with Ethan. Boy, is that a commitment! This week has been pretty good. Monday and Tuesday he went the whole day without a single accident. By Tuesday, he had figured out that he could go by himself and even wash his hands with the soap by himself. All I needed to do was remind him and then put the pants back on. I think he was more than ready to be "big." We went Visiting Teaching today and he had a bit of an accident but I am still calling it a successful day because he stopped peeing and told me so he was just slightly wet and then went to the bathroom to finish. Too much information I know, but if you have ever potty trained, any little step forward is worth celebrating in my book. I am so proud of my little man!

The baby is also taking GIANT steps forward. He was starving all week it seemed like so yesterday, I finally did it. I pulled out the baby cereal and gave it a shot. He ate like a champ and didn't even have a hard time figuring out how to swallow it instead of spitting it out. Now I can add that to my list of things to do at lunch but if it makes him happier, I'm all for it. I thought he'd wait until about 6 months but a boy has to eat I guess and at four months, he was more than ready for real food.

One last little funny thing Ethan did yesterday. Mind you, I have four boys. Two are in school now and never have I had to take one in for a foreign object stuck where it shouldn't be but.......Ethan came up the stairs yesterday from playing and was holding his ears. He looked at me and said, "See what's in my ears, Mom?" I looked just in time to see a small Styrofoam bead fall out of one of his ears. Then, the thought hit me that he said ears, not ear, so I asked him if he put some in both ears. Sure enough, by pulling the ear just so I could barely see a Styrofoam bead lodged in the ear canal. When Gary came home, he got the tweezers and very gently pulled it out and we had the discussion about not putting things in places in our bodies. Kids. What will they think of next?

No comments: