Thursday, October 29, 2009

Frozen Peas

This morning as Dylan and Ethan were chasing each other around the house and wrestling during rest intervals, a corner from the wall JUMPED out and ran right into Ethan's head. Go figure. Ethan didn't run into the corner, the corner ran into him. That corner packs a mean punch we discovered when we surveyed the damage. Ethan was left with a nasty indent, yes, indent, on the side of his forehead. As the tears were welling up, I grabbed the best thing since sliced bread for such occasions: frozen peas.

Living in a house with four very active boys, I've discovered how great frozen peas are for these type of events. They don't have as many sharp edges as ice cubes. They aren't big and bulky like ice cubes. They are more moldable than ice packs that were once used for keeping bottles cold when they were babies. And, apparently, they are quite tasty.

Ethan held the peas firmly on his head for almost 20 minutes. When he was done, Dylan suddenly had a "horrible owie" on his head too. It's amazing how that can happen while sitting on the padded sofa and not moving. I rewrapped the peas and had Dylan lay down with them on his head.

No sooner had I turned my back than Dylan was sitting up, eating his ice pack. Within five minutes, Ethan and Dylan were both eating the ice pack and arguing over who got more peas. Peas. Really? You are arguing over frozen peas. What's next? Broccoli?

1 comment:

The Gray Gang said...

A boy I was babysitting got stung by a bee last week. I had no ice so frozen peas it was. When Kevin was teething I used to give him frozen peas to eat. Numbed the gums and nutrition all at the same time. p.s. I had some too, I think they are TEN times BETTER then cooked peas!!