Monday, September 24, 2007

Does 2 gross ingredients equal something delicious to kids?

Kids are so funny. My three boys will not eat onions. Only the two-year-old will get near a tomato. But, give them a bowl of salsa and it will disappear in a matter of minutes. The other day, Gary (my husband) and I made a HUGE batch of fresh salsa. The boys even watched us make it from skinning and seeding the tomatoes from the garden, to chopping the onions and peppers. There were a bazillion - technical term - questions along the way and then finally, it was ready. They chowed down on it. I turned to Gary and said, "Tomatoes and onions." He smiled and said, "I was just thinking if we had added mushrooms (another detested ingredient in their minds) that they would have thought it was even better." Gotta love kids.

No comments: