Monday, May 3, 2010

Softball Practice in the Grand Canyon

Gary started on a softball team a few weeks ago. They practice on the only baseball/softball field in town which happens to be at the Rec Center next to the school. This also happens to be one of the only places in town with grass. Lush, cool, tasty grass. They shooed the elk off so they could start practice and then, after about 45 minutes, they came back. There were almost 20 elk vying for position. I'm not sure if they wanted to be the center fielder or just the cheer squad but they weren't leaving. At one point, when Gary was up to bat, he hit one right into the middle of the herd. The fielders decided to leave it where it landed and come back for it later. Can't blame them!


2 comments:

Irene said...

Not sure I can get over those "WHITE" legs out there!! Fun pic.

bestofthebishops said...

I just love that he is all smiles and so calm. I can guarantee I would never want to get that close to elk, especially if I also had to worry about catching fly balls. What great sports they all are!!
Also, love your Scooby Doo story. Cohen loves Scooby Doo!