Sunday, May 16, 2010

Help Me Bishop!

Today at church we became a member of the "Help me Bishop!" family only a slightly different version. Gary was conducting and asked me to give the opening prayer. He told me he would love to hold Dylan on his lap while I prayed. Great idea. Too bad no one consulted Dylan.

I go up to say the prayer and put Dylan down steps in front of Gary so he could go sit with his dad. He didn't want to apparently and when Gary grabbed him and put him on his lap the screaming began.

It was a short prayer. No one could hear it anyway since Dylan was wailing. I ended and turned to grab Dylan who then, loud enough for the entire 30 person congregation to hear, said, "I don't like Dad!"

Gary got up to continue conducting and, with his little smirk, said, "At least he didn't yell save me Bishop."

I think one of the reasons we are here at the Grand Canyon Branch is to entertain the members. Some weeks are more entertaining than others. This is probably in their top ten.

1 comment:

Ann Mitchell said...

Your branch probably hasn't had entertainment in such a long time!!! I'm in a branch, too...in AF, no less. It's an "old people" branch. They divided 2 retirement complexes out of our ward. It's been 1 1/2 years...not bad. No Primary, YW, YM, or Elders. I play the piano in RS.