Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kyssa

Today is the day, I guess. Kyssa has slowly been going down hill for a few months now and he stopped eating over the weekend. We've finally come to that place Gary and I were both dreading - the last vet appointment.

He has been such a great dog. We got him in June of 1999 and he was our first-born until Tom arrived in December. He has always been so good with the kids and loved giving kisses. Even though he was big and black and scary looking, all he wanted to do was lick you to death.

He was also my protector when Gary was gone on a fire and spent many a night lying right beside me as I slept, keeping me company. As kind-hearted as he was, I knew he wouldn't let anyone hurt me or the kids as long as he was on watch.
Kyssa, we love you! We'll miss you!

4 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

UGH! I'm sorry!

bestofthebishops said...

I hope Tom is okay. This post makes me teary eyed. Sorry.

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

Ohhhh, I'm so sorry.

Laura said...

Not fair!! Hope you remember all the good memories. He was an amazing dog, and it all started with him. My tears and heart are with you and gary and the boys.