Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Painting, at last

So about four to five months ago, I bought enough paint to paint the living areas upstairs (kitchen, halls, living room) but after having Dylan, I just never got around to it. Yesterday, I couldn't stand it anymore and decided to just see what the color would look like on the walls. I started in the most difficult place to paint figuring if I could cut in around the cabinets, back splash, and other obstacles in the kitchen, the rest would be a breeze. Well, I've only made it around most of one area in the kitchen but I am making progress I guess considering I have only about 20 minutes at a shot and don't have the option to shut down the entire kitchen to the boys for several hours. The good news is, I LOVE THE COLOR - kudos to Amy for helping me pick it out. The bad news is, IT IS GOING TO TAKE MONTHS! I guess a bit at a time it will get done. I have bunko at my house the end of the month so I bet I'll get it done by then but who really knows. Maybe when we have a night together, Gary and I can knock out a few walls and let them dry while the little angels sleep. I just need to keep at it and get the kitchen finished and then the rest can be done in a matter of hours I think. After the color is done, I can go back and start work on the trim which should take quite a bit of time I'm afraid but I can mask off the walls at least. We've lived in our home almost six years, so it's about time we get around to painting. It will feel like a new place once the color is on the walls and the nicks and marks on the trim and doors has been freshly painted over. I can't wait!

No comments: