Thursday, January 17, 2008

jello

Since the painting continues (very SLOWLY I might add) I haven't had much time to post anything. Gary sent this email out the other day and I thought it would be a great thing to post here as well. So, without further ado, here is our family jello experience as written by my great husband.

I made be getting older, but my maturation rate is not as quick. You will be happy to know that I am learning a few things about parenthood. For instance, I am convinced that the amount of food consumed around the kitchen table at my house has as much to do with current attitudes and salesmanship as with menu selection and appetite. Aironn made a double batch of Jello for dinner the other day. I scooped some onto Ethan's plate and just as he was biting down on it i made a sour face and told him it was yucky. He looked really concerned and wouldn't commit to a bite. Man, he wanted a bite! We had been hyping the jello fora few days and his brothers were getting jello on their plates, but every time he would put his spoon to his lips I would tell him how awful it was.It only took a few repetitions of this before it became funny. My last repetition was a bit slow (I must be getting old). He had the jello in his mouth before I could tell him how gross it was. He started to laugh and blew jello all over both of us and the table. That, of course, caused the other boys to laugh. Logan blew his jello across the other side of the table. Bless Aironn's heart. It was one of the funnest dinners we have had in a while. It really was good jello. Dylan consumed nearly his birth weight of jello. It may be a while before Aironn makes jello for dinner,but we are already looking forward to it!Gary

2 comments:

bestofthebishops said...

this story is priceless!

bestofthebishops said...
This comment has been removed by the author.